Dutch Elm Productions
wood with a subtle twist of pestilence

- in which our plaintiff strives to make some magic image box trickery, in order to insinuate himself into Dame Marjory's will. Constable Blackthorpe, however, has suspicions.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

How Out of Character

I have endeavoured over the last week or so to create the characters for my animation myself, but to no avail.

There are three steps to creating a claymation character.

1. The armature
2. The skin
3. The clothing (optional as with good old morph)

However not being particularly skilled at this I have ended up with several frankly laughable monstrosities that would be great for another film other than The Wallpaper.

The idea of an atmospheric opening sequence, based on shadowplay camerawork down creepy halls, only to reveal a cross between Vincent Price and John Merrick leaning against a banister will not do.

So I am looking elsewhere. This will delay shooting somewhat but will be worth it in the long run.

More news as it happens!

What I did: Abandoned all pretense of being skilled at sculpture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home